Neteller Mobile Transactions
Of course, you can’t simply walk up to the cashier and hand over your cash or chips in an online casino. You have to use some sort of virtual transaction method like a credit card. But not everybody in Canada qualifies for a credit cards online. And many of us are wary of entering our banking details online.
So, as far back as 2000, the leading internet casinos began to offer numerous transaction methods as alternatives to credit cards.
One of the first companies to join the online casino payments revolution was Neteller. Neteller is one of the world’s leading third-party financial services providers. To put it briefly, Neteller allows you to deposit money into what is called an eWallet, out of which Neteller pays the casino. The service is available in over 200 countries including – you guessed it – Canada. And you don’t need a credit card to use it.
MobileCasinosCanada.net tells you where to find the best online and mobile casinos for Canadian players that offer Neteller as a transaction method. We have also put together this brief overview of the perks and pitfalls of using Neteller at mobile casinos in Canada.
A Few Cautionary Notes
The reason why online casinos offer more than one way for players to make payments and withdrawals is that each player is different, with his or her own unique needs. So, although Neteller is a highly reputable service with plenty of plus-points, it isn’t perfect and may just not be the right choice for you.
- Casinos impose limitations on Neteller transactions
Unfortunately, online casinos do not treat all transactions methods the same way. Because they prefer certain methods over others, and for several other reasons, these sites tend to impose differing restrictions on different methods.
For example, you are likely to find that your chosen casino requires a certain minimum amount on Neteller deposits. So you’ll have to pay in at least that much if you want to use Neteller. The same applies to withdrawals, with internet casinos often capping the amount that you may withdraw via Neteller within a set time period.
Transaction times may also be longer with Neteller than with other methods, although Neteller is still one of the fastest options around.
- Neteller has its own restrictions
Neteller also limits the amount of money that you may withdraw at any one time and, although it’s free to sign up, the service does deduct fees on all transactions it performs for you. But so do pretty much all methods – just do your homework before you decide.
Why Neteller is a Good Bet
Just one year after its launch in 1999, Neteller was processing transactions for 80% of the online gaming merchants worldwide and drawing 95% of its own revenue from these transactions. Here are a few reasons why Neteller is so popular with both internet casinos and players all over Canada:
- Signing up is free, quick and easy.
- Neteller is considered to be one of the safest ways to play online because the eWallet system places a buffer between the player’s bank account and details and the internet casino.
- There are over 40 different ways, which vary from country to country, to deposit money into your Neteller account. Some of these are instant.
- Neteller accepts 26 major currencies, including Canadian dollars.
- Neteller calculates exchange rates for you.
- Neteller offers premium Neteller VIP membership to high-turnover clients. VIP perks include lower fees and other additional features.